Thursday 11 August 2016

Indira Naidoo is #1 on my to do list

I am very much looking forward to experiencing the fabulous Indira Naidoo tomorrow afternoon. 

I love gardening.

This is a snapshot of the veggie garden I have been working on the last few years.


jason veggie garden

And this is some of my handiwork from last summer.  


Growing your own fruit and veg isn't just a good hobby but a great way to assert a sense of individuality in the face of the capitalist nightmare of global corporatism. 



In an ideal world I would attend tomorrow afternoon's session dressed something like this.


photo comes from fennel's guide to country living 



Because nothing says up yours global corporate capitalism nightmare like imaginatively connecting to a quaint period of yesteryear... (I am still working on acquiring this wardrobe...)

I have previously mentioned in this blog that in recent times I have developed an interest in the Dig for Victory campaign that was carried out during World War II.

I have managed to track down a couple of CH Middleton's books.

I adore the propaganda posters that accompanied the campaign. 




I love the photographs of the period.





I was so taken by the above photo I managed to track down a donkey jacket - as worn by the gent on the right - from Viper London, and I've also bought myself a collection of cabbie / newsboy style caps. 

I may well be an eccentric nutter but I also have an excellent patch of kipfler potatoes! 










No comments:

Post a Comment