Friday 12 August 2016

Music from the War Years


i had the craziest dream


Foot tapping, gently swaying, bald heads, comb-overs, salt-n-pepper beards, Germaine Greer - WtF - is she doing here? - oh it's not her... hey all these people look the same... where's the diversity that is representative of Australia's multi-cultural present? It's looking more like a tedious reunion of folk who went to teachers college together back in the dying days of White Ausralia 1960s...

Apart from the strangely intense looking young fella - with wild staring eyes - blink goddamn it - I find myself staring at his unblinking stare - stop staring Jason it's not polite - I JUST WANT HIM TO BLINK - I am once again one of the youngest in the audience - Woot!

Although I notice that there don't appear to be too many here my age... 

Why is it that? Other things to do on a Saturday? Kids sport? It is mostly an older gathering... I wonder if that is typical of Writers Festivals? 

What does that say about me?
Get a life Jason?

What does it say about Mike Carlton? Oh wait hang on Mike Carlton is about to start... 





No comments:

Post a Comment