Monday 15 August 2016

snapshot - Harold from Neighbours

I thought it was Harold from Neighbours.

I was sitting right at the back of the theatre and I heard the voice and I thought why is Harold from Neighbours talking to Sarah Ferguson. 

And just after that thought I remembered that the festival guide had listed Max Gillies as being in discussion with Sarah Ferguson. 

I have to get my eyes tested. That doesn't really have anything to do with Harold from Neighbours. But I find myself misreading things and overlooking errors in stuff that I write. 

In a weird sort of way it saddens me to think that I need glasses. It would only serve to confirm that the rot has set in. 

For the Max and Sarah show I was seated next to a woman from Leicester. She arrived in Australia on Thursday - a few days ago. She is in Melbourne for a conference. She is spending the weekend with friends who live in Mandurang. She said she watched rosellas outside when she was having her breakfast.

She said she liked the Bendigo Writers Festival. She said she had been to other writers festivals in Britain but she liked Bendigo because the authors speaking seemed less rehearsed. It seemed a bit more natural and free flowing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment