Sunday 7 August 2016

Subjective Bias

this is not a picture of andrew bolt hanging upside down in collins street melbourne after unhinged and increasingly disgruntled one nation voters discover that bolt is indeed the neoliberal elite's sock puppet of choice... for more gruesome pictures of executed fascists who are not andrew bolt check out this web page 


Speaking of the unhinged One Nation, I have spent some time this weekend trying to wrap my head around newly confirmed senator, Malcolm Roberts. I must confess I fucking well give up trying to fathom him. All I can say is that neoliberalism is in meltdown and this is the sort of loon we end up with. 


pauline and malcolm in happier days... australia has some seriously bat-shit crazy times ahead of it. (photo taken from here)






Sorry Nat, but we do. Fortunately there are also some good things to look forward to. Like the Bendigo Writers Festival - although I believe an IPA poltergeist has also infiltrated that. It is believed Rod Serling has been conjured from the dead to to properly introduce Chris Berg and give context to the curious audience. 



But let us leave voodoo economics and zombie commentators behind and focus on the life affirming good things on offer at the Benders Scribblers-fest 2016.





My Rough Schedule for the Event - thus far - subject to tinkering

So here is what I am thinking of checking out.

Friday 

Indira Naidoo and Peter Singer

Saturday 

Peter Singer 
Helen Garner
Not sure - I might just get some lunch
Nationalism: the good the bad and the ugly
The Fifth Estate - with Kerry O'Brien

I have a feeling Julian Assange is on at some stage Saturday night so I would like to check that out - just out of curiosity. (Assange sort of irritates me but I quite like Robert Manne)

Sunday

Kerry O'Brien
Anne Summers
Sarah Ferguson
Hugh Mackay

And a great big pint of pale ale at the Rifle Brigade...

  






2 comments:

  1. Your itinerary looks very much like mine Jason. Love Singer and O'Brien. Sadly Helen G has pulled out. But we've got Tim Flannery instead. Good anti-Bolt material there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your itinerary looks very much like mine Jason. Love Singer and O'Brien. Sadly Helen G has pulled out. But we've got Tim Flannery instead. Good anti-Bolt material there.

    ReplyDelete